Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The golden Years of R&B, the sixties and the seventies.


On my way to see some friends of mine today, i turn on my car radio so i can listen to some relaxing music, i was thinking some R&B or soft rock will do, but to my surprise, i could not find anything worth listening to, don't get me wrong, its not that i don't like hip-hop or some hardcore music, its just that i am really selective, and when i was growing up as a little boy in Paynesville, Liberia, my mother, a big fan of Motown always had classic R&B playing in the house. so i grew up listening to great artist like Sam Cooke, the Temptations, Smokey Robinson, and many more of the 60s and 70s great singers, I am a big fan of these classics, music back than it seems had meaning, and even though i wasn't even born, i tend to agree with my mom that the 50s, 60s, and the rolling 70s, where the golden age of R&B.
some of my favorite all time groups were,

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The Temptations,which by the way, i think is the best R&B groups of all time and


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The Miracles.




Here are some videos of my all time favorite songs.




This one is by the Tempatations and its called Ain't Too Proud To Beg.




This song is called My guy, by Mary Wells.





This one is by The Marvelettes, its called Mr post man.





This one is by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, and its call Ain't No Mountain High Enough.




From the 70s came this song by the Chi Lites, and its called oh girl.


From the 80s too, my generation, came some beatiful songs, that can without any doubt became calssics too. here are a couple of my favorites.




This one is called shake you down, by Gregory Abbott.




Another 80s classic by the Manhattans call Shining star.




And finally this one is call Rock you tonight by freddie Jackon.

I swear they don't make music like they used to, the music was great, the times were simple, it must have been a lot of fun back than.

4 comments:

LET'S TALK said...

You have some great oldies here, some I've never seen before.

Let me say, thanks for stopping by Let's Talk and I am glad that you enjoyed the visit. Don't be a stranger and I'll try my best to support your blog as well. I'll start by placing you on my Blog Links.

Lizzy said...

Great songs. Thanks for checking out my blog! Yours is cool, too.

LET'S TALK said...

Hi emmanuel m liu, I'm going off topic, so please don't hold it against me. I've changed my template at Let's Talk and would like your input about how it looks on your browser. I use IE7 and everything looks OK. but to be on the safe side, I'm asking others with different browsers to have a look see, when you have the time. Thanks!

Mary Ellen said...

Hello emmanuel! Thank you for stopping at my blog, The Divine Democrat!

I love your blog, too!

You came from Liberia to Minnesota, what a change in weather, no?

Regarding the R&B music, my grandson used to LOVE R&B. In fact, everytime we went anywhere in the car, we had to put a CD in for him in order to guarantee a happy ride. He was only 3 years old and knew all the words to a lot of the songs.

He also loved Ella Fitzgerald, but he called her Elephantgerald. That's what he would listen to every morning when he had breakfast.